Glotfelty house was part of a larger house constructed in 1776 on the road between Salisbury and Pocahontas , PA. Solomon Glotfelty was a blacksmith and had traded 2500 hand forged roofing nails for his land. He originally built a two-story log house and then this separate cottage which was used as a kitchen. During the construction the Glotfelty family camped under a large hemlock tree by a spring. At night they could hear the wolves howling in the dense forest which covered the region at the time.
Glotfelty house was moved to Spruce Forest in 1972. Since its restoration, this cabin has served as Ann Jones weaving studio.